Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sigh........

Ok so all the people who know me know that I don't do anything medical. I absolutley don't like blood, needles, all the touching, pretty much anything yucky. So far in my 9 years of mommydom i've been blessed to have kids who understand that. I've only had to deal with the minor stuff---some scrapes, cuts, bruises, immunizations----pretty much all the stuff that has little or no blood. Well, that is untill tonight. I guess when my kids had the meeting about what not to do Korbyn wasn't listening. He was playing downstairs (very happily) when I heard a cry. All moms can tell the difference between the cry that means my big sister is bugging me and one that means i'm in pain. This one was an owy :^( Me being the overly concerned mom yelled down the stairs "what happened". Kailey informed me that he poked his eye, nothing to serious right. I decided by the volume of cries I had better go down there and make sure he still had an eye. It turns out his poke was really a slice right below his eye. The first thing that went through my mind was "of course this has to happen when Joe is at work". I know super sensitive huh. My mommy gene kicked in after that and I very gently carried him upstairs and held a cold wash cloth on it so I could assess the damage. After looking at it and thinking it probably needed stitches I called the ever convient doctor of the neighborhood. He zoomed right over to check it out and told me yes in the very least it needed to be glued shut. Thank you Joseph :^) I hauled him in to the doc where they glued it closed and put a sterile strip on it and sent us home. Ok the drive home wasn't even 5 minutes and when I got out of the car and opened the door to get him out this is what I found....
Anyone who has had or has a 2 year old right now knows that you CANNOT put something on there face. They will pick it off. It still looks closed so I didn't know what else to do so I took some pictures and put him to bed. He was such a good boy at the doctor and Kyson was screaming his head off because he was hungry and tired. Ya he looks pretty proud of himself huh :^)
The saddest part of all of this is....he was done in by one of his 2 most favorite things.....cars and messes......
I'm certain it was one of these two piles of his stuff that he tripped over. Oh well all's well that ends well right?

3 comments:

Amy Heath said...

Aww!! Barbara I'm so sorry. Poor little guy. That looks so rough. You're a good Mommy. Hope today goes a little better! Love ya!

Gwen said...

All's well that doesn't end with a glass eye, I say. I think you and I have the same "super-sensitive" mommying style. :o)

Unknown said...

Poor Korby!!! Boy you have alot of posts did your computer start working or did you finally get a new one? Congrates to Kevy!!!